CALGARY -- Jamie Gregg gained medals and confidence in the f

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

CALGARY -- Jamie Gregg gained medals and confidence in the f

Postprzez carrie201918 25 lip 2019, o 03:37

CALGARY -- Jamie Gregg gained medals and confidence in the first speedskating World Cup of the season, while Christine Nesbitt went empty-handed with a bruised morale. Gregg, from Edmonton, earned his second bronze medal in the 500 metres Sunday after picking up his first in the distance two days earlier. His were the host countrys two medals at the Essent ISU World Cup Speed Skating event in Calgary. Canadas womens pursuit team finished fourth to conclude racing Sunday. The Canadian long-track team has three more World Cups before trials in late December and early January to determine the countrys Olympic speedskating team for Sochi, Russia. "I want to make sure Im building into Sochi," Gregg said. "I dont want to peak right now, but Im happy with where Im at and where it puts me in the world." Nesbitt, the reigning Olympic champion in the 1,000 metres, finished 10th in the distance Sunday and 1.77 seconds back of winner Heather Richardson of the U.S. Retired Canadian speedskating star Clara Hughes has said she loves "Nesbitts rage" on the ice, but Nesbitts emotion was bewilderment Sunday. Her time of one minute 15 seconds at the Olympic Oval was over two seconds slower than the world record she set there in 2012. "I cant remember the last time I skated a 1:15 in Calgary," she said. "Its been six years or something, or I dont know maybe longer. Eight years. I dont understand whats going on really. "This isnt really helping my confidence that much and thats what I want to be building. I dont know what to say." The 28-year-old from London, Ont., has been managing tightness in her back for over a week, but she insisted after finishing seventh in Saturdays 1,500 metres that wasnt an issue for her. She intended to analyze tape of her races with coach Xiuli Wang. The Canadian team departs this week for Salt Lake City, Utah, and the next World Cup races starting Friday. "If I dont understand why Im going so slow it means I need to watch my races and maybe learn a few things," Nesbitt said. "I feel good, but obviously how I feel is not whats happening out on the ice." Wang has also trained Hughes and multi-Olympic medallist Kristina Groves. With her objective, experienced eyes, Wang pointed out Nesbitts opening 100 metres was one of her fastest, but Nesbitt also had a slip on the second turn that cost her speed. "Todays race, definitely theres some things we need to be working on," Wang said. "But I believe from how we train, shes strong, she has the power and we just need to synchronize the mental with the body as one unit. "I did talk to her. I said we give you tools, we help you get there, but at the end of the day, youre taking charge. Its your race." Gregg and Ron Mulder of the Netherlands tied for third in the mens 500 with identical times of 34.52 seconds. Tucker Fedricks of the U.S., was the winner in 34.46 ahead of world and Olympic champion Tae-Bum Mo of South Korea in 34.47. Gregg finished eighth in the 500 at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and Whistler, B.C. The 28-year-old from Edmonton won his first World Cup gold in 2012 and was fourth at the world sprint championships in January. "In order to win a medal at the Olympics, you have to be consistently up around the medals at World Cups," Gregg said. "Going into the last Olympics, I won my first bronze medal here in Calgary a month or two before, but you need that consistency to give you that confidence on the line knowing that you dont need a magnificent, perfect race to put yourself up there. "I just need to do this and give myself confidence that I can skate really well and still be up there. I dont need to have some out-of-body experience to get on the podium." Gregg initially thought he was fourth and missed a medal by a thousandth of a second based on his electronic time. His official time, however, was determined by photo finish and it was fast enough for him to stand on the podium again. He is the son of former Edmonton Oilers defenceman Randy Gregg and two-time Olympic speedskater Kathy (Vogt) Gregg. His sister Jessica is on the national short-track team and won a relay silver in 2010. The Olympic 500-metre champion in Sochi will be determined by the combined times of two races. Greggs ability to put two strong 500s together at one event is promising, according to Speed Skating Canadas long-track director Sean Ireland. "The thing I really liked today was his fast lap despite his relatively slow start," he said. "Having that lap time he did, he looked good doing so and having that top-end speed was exciting." Sven Kramer and Jorrit Bergsma of the Netherlands were first and second respectively in the mens 5,000 metres. Kramers time of six minutes 4.46 seconds was just over a second off the world-record time he set at the Oval in 2007. Saskatoons Lucas Makowsky was 16th. The Netherlands took the womens team pursuit ahead of runner-up Japan and bronze medallist Poland. Ottawas Ivanie Blondin, Winnipeg Brittany Schussler and Reginas Kali Christ were 2.02 seconds back of the winners in fourth. The Canadian long-track team trains at the Oval in Calgary. The teams performance in the season-opening World Cup there was mixed, said Ireland. Other than Greggs two bronze, the mens and womens pursuit teams that finished fourth were the only other top-five results. Nesbitt is the long-track teams best prospect for gold in Sochi. With the 2014 Winter Games less than 100 days away, Ireland believes she can get back on track for Sochi. "Looking where she was at a few weeks ago with performances at trials and practice races, I feel like shes on track in terms of her physiology, in terms of her preparation," he said. "Weve seen good testing results and such. "I think just hit the re-set button now and get into another head space as well as look forward to the next few World Cups." Michael Jordan Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Scottie Pippen Jersey . The defending champions’ roller coaster season included trading offensive star Percy Harvin in the midst of the team’s 3-3 start. That move that reportedly irked several Seahawk players, but one management saw necessary to save the team’s chemistry. http://www.officialbullsfanstore.com/ki ... ls-jersey/. Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. Chandler Hutchison Jersey . -- The Sacramento Kings have claimed forward Travis Outlaw off waivers under the NBAs new amnesty provision, filling out the frontcourt with another veteran. Denzel Valentine Jersey . Trailing 4-1 in the final set, Sharapova steadied her erratic service game and took command again to beat the 56th-ranked American 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 on clay at the Magic Box tennis centre. The ninth-ranked Russian looked to be cruising before McHale broke late in the second set to tie the match and then took her commanding lead in the final set after breaking Sharapova. Any other year, Blue Jays righty hander Marcus Stroman would be a top notch candidate for rookie of the year in the American League. I still think he will finish a solid third in the voting but for the 2014 season, as there are really only two stand-alone candidates. In a league starved for power hitters and runs these days, Jose Abreu has put up some incredible numbers. The 27-year-old who defected from Cuba signed a six-year, $68-million deal with the Chicago White Sox last winter. Hes making $7 million this season and has been worth every penny, Hes set a White Sox rookie record with 35 homers, has driven in 102 runs and is hitting .322. Few of his home runs are "cheap" and he hits the kind of monster shots that keep fans talking well after the game is over. Should Abreu get the Rookie of the Year award on a silver platter? Many would say yes, that he has no real competition, but Id beg to differ on that. Matt Shoemaker is having an incredible season in his own right with the Angels. Hes 15-4 with a 3.16 ERA, and those 15 victories are a Halos rookie record. Hes struck out 119 and walked only 24. All of this from a right hander who turns 28 on September 27. This might venture more into the MVP category than Rookie of the Year, but Shoemaker has more than picked up the slack since another Angels standout Garrett Richards was injured and lost for the season. The Angels also have the best record in baseball at 93-56 and lead Oakland by 10 full games. At worst, Shoemaker and Abreu should share the award, and yes that has happened before. In 1976 in the National League, Padres reliever Butch Metzger shared the honours with Reds starter Pat Zachry. In 1979 Blue Jays shortstop Alfredo Griffin split the vote right down the middle with Twins 3rd baseman John Castino. There are those who argue Abreu shouldnt even be eligible since he played pro ball in Cuba, but the preceddent has already been established: Jackie Robinson , who won the very first Rookie of the Year award back when there was only one for both leagues played in the old Negro Leagues before breaking the colour barrier and signing with the Brooklyn organization in 1946.dddddddddddd Does being named the top rookie lead to a great career? Not always. In fact, going back to 1947, only 14 winners have gone on to earn a place in the Hall of Fame at Cooperstown. The Brooklyn/L.A. Dodgers have had the top rookie a record 16 times. The Yankees hold the American League record with eight. The Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos tied with two rookies of the year. The Jays two were both acquired in trades: Alfredo Griffin in 1979 and Eric Hinske in 2002, while Montreal were homegrown in pitcher Carl Morton in 1970 and Andre Dawson in 1977. The only Canadian I know of to win the award was outfielder Jason Bay of the Pirates in 2004, and the only current team never to have had a rookie of the year is Arizona. A very important meeting is coming up in West Palm Beach Florida on September 23. On that date, the Palm Beach Board of County Commissioners will be meeting to try and finalize financing for a new Spring Training baseball facility that would house the Washington Nationals and the Houston Astros. Both clubs desperately want upgraded facilities that would also lessen the travel time to their grapefruit league games. Washingtons current lease with Vierra, Florida runs through 2017, while the Astros can leave Kissimmee, Florida after 2016. You might remember, as recently as this past spring, the Blue Jays were involved with Houston in a similar project in Palm Beach Gardens, when local residents balked at having the ball teams in their neighborhood with all the inherent noise and traffic, That deal ultimately fell apart. The Blue Jays current lease with Dunedin expires after 2017. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)