LIVERPOOL, England -- Jose Mourinho riled his former assista

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

LIVERPOOL, England -- Jose Mourinho riled his former assista

Postprzez carrie201918 27 lip 2019, o 04:04

LIVERPOOL, England -- Jose Mourinho riled his former assistant Brendan Rodgers as Chelsea successfully stifled Liverpool and scored twice against the run of play to win 2-0 on Sunday and dent the Premier League leaders hopes of a first title in 24 years. However unambitious Chelsea appeared at Anfield, goals at the end of each half from Demba Ba, who seized on Steven Gerrards slip-up, and Willian ended Liverpools 11-game winning streak in the league. Mourinhos side is just two points behind Liverpool with two games remaining. "They obviously sat very deep -- I think there were two buses parked today, never mind one," said Rodgers, who was a coach at Chelsea between 2004 and 2008. "It was clear that theyd come certainly not wanting to win the game, with the time wasting." That claim was unsurprisingly challenged by Mourinho -- "Time wasting? Whats that?" -- with the Chelsea manager affronted by criticism of his tactics. "When a team defends well you call it defensive display," he told reporters. "When a team defends badly and concedes two or three goals you dont mention a defensive display." But Mourinho continued his policy of dismissing Chelseas title prospects, stressing: "We have no chance." Its not that unrealistic for Chelsea, but Manchester City has replaced Liverpool as the team which has the destination of the trophy in its own hands. Third-placed City closed the gap on Liverpool to three points by winning 2-0 at Crystal Palace on Sunday, and it has a game in hand to play at Everton on Saturday. So by the time Liverpool plays at Palace next Monday it could have been knocked off the top on goal difference by City. Its a long time to dwell on a defeat that will suppress the fervour that had been growing at Liverpool that the team will win the English title for the first time since 1990, having started the season as 33-1 outsiders with bookmakers. Hours before kickoff, thousands of Liverpool fans lined the streets, preparing for the teams arrival at Anfield. It had the air of a victory parade, but whether the real thing takes place next month is now a lot more uncertain. "The bigger picture is that were still two points ahead of a team (Chelsea) that has spent an absolute fortune," Rodgers said. "If we win our two games well finish above them and then well see what happens with Manchester City. We achieved our objective of Champions League football." That competition is Mourinhos priority this season, resting several key players Sunday for Wednesdays semifinal against Atletico Madrid after the first-leg was a 0-0 draw. Mourinhos defensive tactics at Liverpool might have seemed to his critics to be anti-football, but they demonstrated his abilities to successfully set up a team to be well organized and frustrate opponents. While Chelsea defender Ashley Coles curling effort forced the first save of the game from Simon Mignolet, there was little attacking ambition from the visitors. Liverpool controlled the game, but without the speed or fluency of recent weeks as the hosts couldnt find a route to goal. In the opening 15 minutes, Phillippe Coutinho volleyed into the sidenetting and Mamadou Sakhos shot was cleared off the line by Cole before he mis-fired the follow-up from six yards. The last time Liverpool played here Gerrard was caught on camera telling the players: "This does not slip now." But it was Gerrard, usually the reliable heartbeat of the team and inspirational one-club player, who slipped in possession near the halfway line in the third minute of stoppage time, giving away the ball to Ba. With Gerrard unable to chase him down, the Senegal striker charged through on goal and coolly placed the ball past Mignolet and into the net. However much Liverpool tried to batter through toward the Chelsea goal in the second half, the defence held up well. Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, a second-half substitute, are the leading scorers in the league with 50 goals between them, but they rarely came close to equalizing. Not even when facing 41-year-old goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, deputizing for the injured Petr Cech, who repelled Joe Allens first-time volley with a low diving save just before the hour. A rasping strike from Gerrard was also thwarted and a downward header by the captain lacked power to trouble Schwarzer. As the end neared, Suarez could not connect with Coutinhos cross, and the Uruguay striker saw a shot turned over in stoppage time before Chelsea stunned Anfield again. Former Liverpool striker Fernando Torres launched the breakaway, drawing Mignolet off his goal-line and then passing to Willian to walk the ball into the net. Mourinho jogged down the touchline, pounding the Chelsea crest on his coat in celebration. Wholesale Sneakers Free Shipping . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Cheap Nike Sneakers . - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to meet with Richie Incognito to determine if one of the central figures in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal can help their struggling offensive line. http://www.cheapsneakers.us/. FLIP SAUNDERS (Timberwolves): Im not the least bit surprised that he appointed himself as head coach after his search concluded. Wholesale Sneakers . The Laval Rouge et Or defensive back/kick-returner gained the invitation following his showing Sunday at an NFL regional combine in Baltimore. Sneakers Outlet .ca. Kerry, In the closing minutes of the second period of Game 4 between Pittsburgh and Columbus there were the remnants of two broken sticks behind the Pittsburgh net.PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- Lydia Ko took a share of the lead in her first start as an LPGA Tour member, matching Meena Lee with a 5-under 68 on Thursday in the season-opening Bahamas LPGA Classic. The 16-year-old Ko turned pro late last year. She won the Canadian Womens Open the last two years as an amateur and closed last season with a victory in a non-tour event in Taiwan in her second pro start. Ranked No. 4 in the world, the South Korean-born New Zealander had six birdies and a bogey on Atlantis Resorts Ocean Club course. "I just tried to play my own game and be relaxed," Ko said. "I got off to a shaky start and I needed to make a 4-footer for par, but when I made birdie at No. 2, I was able to relax. I was actually shocked that I wasnt nervous. I felt I even played better than my score. I gave myself a lot of opportunities." Lee, from South Korea, eagled the par-4 13th and had four birdies and a bogey. "I had a wintertime working hard, so thats why I have more confidence than last year," said Lee, a two-time winner on the LPGA Tour. "Thats why I feel very good and happy to play in the first tournament." Third-ranked Stacy Lewis was a stroke back at 69 along with Jessica Korda, Brittany Lang, Mirim Lee, Austin Ernst, Danah Bordner, Amelia Lewis, P.K. Kongkraphan and Candie Kung. Lewis played alongside Ko. "When she gets some confidence in herself, the rest of this tour better watch out," Lewis said. "When I saw we were paired together, I was prettty happy.dddddddddddd She is just a really likable kid. ... "I think our games are very similar, just the way we play. We both hit it solid and make some putts. She rolled it great today. For the first seven, eight holes, she made everything she looked at." Lewis had five birdies and a bogey. "I thought Id be a little bit more rusty than I was," Lewis said. "But I got off to a good start, and really just hit the ball really solid and was able to control some shots in the wind and the shots that I saw I was able to pull off. I was really happy with the way I hit the ball." Ko recently signed an equipment deal with Callaway, changed her swing coach and hired a new caddie. "Over the last month hearing the word change, it could pretty much be my middle name," Ko said. Lewis also commented on all the changes Ko has made. "You can change your clubs, your coach, all these things, but shes still the same person," Lewis said. Jaye Marie Green had a 71. The 19-year-old Green won the LPGA qualifying tournament by 10 strokes last month, finishing the 90-hole event at a record 29 under. Michelle Wie shot 72. Defending champion Ilhee Lee opened with a 74. Last May, the inaugural event was reduced to three 12-hole rounds because of flooding. Torontos Rebbeca Lee-Bentham carded a 74. Jennifer Kirby of Paris, Ont., and Helena Sharp of Hamilton are another shot back at 75. Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., and Maude-Aimme Leblanc of Sherbrooke, Que., shot 79s. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)