As a kid hed watch from the upper deck of Rogers Centre, bac

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

As a kid hed watch from the upper deck of Rogers Centre, bac

Postprzez carrie201918 31 lip 2019, o 04:05

As a kid hed watch from the upper deck of Rogers Centre, back in the days when fans were allowed to sit in that area. Saturday afternoon Jermaine Gabriel will make his first CFL start far, far below those nosebleed seats. Gabriel was born and raised in Scarborough, Ontario, in Torontos east end. Hed become a star on the field at Cedarbrae Collegiate Institute, then hed watch the local CFL squad, particularly drawn to the skills and leadership of Jordan Younger. Now he gets to start at the same safety position where "J.Y." excelled at the end his career, before walking off the field for the final time after a win in the 100th Grey Cup game in 2012. "Its my first start," Gabriel beamed. "I was supposed to start in a game last season, but I got hurt on the first play of the game on special teams." If you think the 24-year old is pumped to play, youre bang on. "Of course youre going to get amped up," Gabriel told TSN.ca. "Im just ready to go." The opportunity to play came about when Matt Black, the Argos starting safety, was injured in the seasons opening game in Winnipeg. By the end of the 2013 campaign, Black was splitting time on the field with Gabriel, who had been the 17th overall pick in that years draft. The veteran has been very helpful in first-time starters preparation for the Roughriders. "Matts like an older brother to all of us in the secondary," continued Gabriel. "Hes been here the longest (six seasons) and you can ask him anything and he wont hesitate to give us the right answer. Hes actually helped me quite a bit in getting ready mentally for the game." Black and Gabriel are both Toronto raised, but provide different skill sets. The elder player has the speed of a corner, but plays the game very cerebrally. The second-year player is more physical and will make opposing players pay the price if they wander into his area. Getting ready for the Riders means preparing for one of, if not the most talented team in the CFL. When asked what the best part of the Riders offence was Gabriel paused, as if going over a mental checklist of all the problems the opposition could provide. After a long pause he settled on what was likely the person he thought about as soon as the question was posed. "Darian Durant," deadpanned the safety about Saskatchewans quarterback. "Hes a great player and were just going to have to play solid, disciplined defence." As Gabriel wades into his pro career, hes still sometimes at a loss to think about the way his career has progressed, now playing for the team he watched as a kid. "It sunk in a bit last year," Gabriel admitted, the smile on his face widening as he continued. "Ive got guys in the stands that when I walk by they scream Scarborough! and they cheer, so its good that they recognize that Im actually from here and I get to play for my home team." There will be many young football players in the stands at the Rogers Centre Saturday afternoon. No doubt, at least one of them will be a defensive back, and if Gabriel makes a big play or two, the fan may become as inspired by the hometown hero as the current Argo was by Jordan Younger. Reggie Lewis Jersey . They know how difficult it is to beat the San Antonio Spurs. George scored 28 points and Indiana defeated San Antonio 111-100 on Saturday night, snapping an 11-game skid against the Spurs. Paul Pierce Jersey . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution. http://www.celticssale.com/kids-jayson- ... ersey/.com) - James van Riemsdyk had two goals with one assist to help the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 5-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night. John Havlicek Celtics Jersey . -- Tony Finau won the Stonebrae Classic on Sunday for his first Web. Jayson Tatum Celtics Jersey .The South African had three birdies on the front nine and another four after the turn at Leopard Creek Country Club to move to 16-under 128 overall.Grace, who won all four of his European Tour titles in 2012, dropped his only shot of the competition on the par-3 fifth.Edmonton, AB - The Edmonton Eskimos have signed former West Virginia quarterback Pat White. White, who failed to find success with the Redskins and Dolphins in two brief NFL stints, arrives up north to a league which better suits his talents as a passer andd runner.dddddddddddd The 28-year-old Alabama native appeared in 49 games over his four-year college career (2005-08) with the Mountaineers, passing for 6,049 yards and 56 touchdowns, while rushing for 4,480 yards on 684 carries and 47 TDs. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)