Alastair Cook and Joe Root scored centuries as England motor

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

Alastair Cook and Joe Root scored centuries as England motor

Postprzez carrie201918 2 sie 2019, o 03:28

Alastair Cook and Joe Root scored centuries as England motored to 314-4 against Pakistan on day one of the second Test, at Old Trafford. Cook (105) marked his 50th Test as England skipper by hitting the 29th Test ton of his stellar career, matching Don Bradmans tally in the process.Meanwhile, Root struck his 10th hundred - and first at number three - before closing Fridays play on 141 not out, with Chris Woakes at the other end 2no.England - 1-0 down in the series after their 75-run defeat at Lords - have never lost a Test when Root has scored a century. Watch a pick of the action from the first day Cook cashed in after winning the toss, striking 15 fours in his 11th century as England captain - equalling the record set by Essex mentor Graham Gooch.He cut with authority after snicking Mohammad Amirs sixth ball of the day through the vacant fourth slip area, a rare moment of fortune in a 172-ball innings of otherwise sound judgement.Fellow opener Alex Hales (10) also enjoyed a slice of luck off the same bowler when his edge burst Asad Shafiqs hands at gully - but Amir swiftly gained his revenge. The seamer set Hales up with a series of outswingers before bowling the right-hander through the gate with one that came back to knock over his off-stump.Root was quickly into his stride, unfurling a straight drive off Rahat Ali (2-69) for four, before going back in his crease to sting Pakistans attack with a series of back-foot drives.Unlike at Lords, where Root and Cook were separated soon after posting their 100-stand in the first innings, the pair pressed on in the afternoon session to give England a decent foothold. A compilation of Cooks 29th Test century Cook was the first to three figures, off 157 balls, clipping Amir for a couple before punching the air to mark the milestone; it was his first century since the epic 263 scored against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi some 20 innings ago.But just when it appeared Pakistan would endure a wicket-less session, Cook was cleaned out in the final over before tea by an Amir delivery that kept a little low - a surprise dismissal on a dry pitch of otherwise true in bounce.Amir should have had a third wicket shortly after the interval when James Vince, on six, drove outside off-stump only for Younus Khan at second slip to shell the chest-high chance - remarkably the fourth drop off Amir in this series already.Vince (18) answered with back and front foot drives for four off Yasir but fell searching outside off-stump for his fifth, edging behind to limit his return to 130 runs from six innings at 18.57.Root registered his maiden Test hundred against Pakistan and first at Old Trafford off 167 balls in the very next over, picking Yasir off for four through mid-wicket - his 14th boundary. A compilation of Roots 10th Test century Yasir suffered the ignominy of conceding 100 runs in his 25th over as Ballance drove the number one bowler in the world for four in glorious fashion.Ballance (23) combined with Yorkshire team-mate Root to add 73 before inside-edging Rahat into his stumps while attempting to run a short ball down to third man.There was to be no further loss as Woakes, promoted up the order ahead of Ben Stokes - like James Anderson, restored to the Test side after missing the first Test defeat - helped cement Englands position.Watch highlights of day one at 10pm on Sky Sports 2, then stay tuned for the Verdict at 11pm. Then tune in for live coverage of day two from 10.30am on Saturday on the same channel. Ray Lewis Ravens Jersey . The New York Rangers centre had a goal and two assists in a 4-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators ending a 13-game goal-scoring drought. Justice Hill Youth Jersey . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens ... on-Jersey/. With one week left in the regular season, Cornish - voted The Toughest Player To Bring Down - is a leading candidate for the CFLs Most Outstanding Player award. He has rushed for 1,799 yards and could break Willie Burdens club record for rushing yards in a single season with a 98-yard performance against the B. Ben Powers Jersey .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes placed defenseman John-Michael Liles on injured reserve Tuesday. Jonathan Ogden Jersey . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2.The NHLs Mar. 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell. Check out todays trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca through Deadline Day for all the updates. Millers Crossing Mike Harrington of The Buffalo News writes that netminder Ryan Miller is unsure about his future with the Sabres. Heading into Wednesdays game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, Miller said, "anything is possible" when pondering if it was his last game in Buffalo. Asked point-blank by The Buffalo News if hes told the Sabres he wants out - or told them hes all-in to talk about a contract extension - Miller remained elusive. "Thats not really something I want to discuss with you guys," he said. "Its a private conversation about a business transaction. Really, thats what it comes down to. Im waiting to see kind of what the plans are around here. That would kind of give a little more indication. "They cant execute anything they might be planning until some time passes, where they make some trades or they have some kind of indication whats going to happen. Even then, theres no guarantee theyre going to get everything they want. Its just kind of well wait and see." Harrington also wrote that Sabres GM Tim Murray pretty much confirmed that hes in limbo on dealing Miller as well. Murray said the Sabres are studying options all over their roster but the scuttlebutt around the league is theyre getting plenty of inquiries on pending unrestricted free agents Miller, Steve Ott and Matt Moulson, as well as interest in defenceman Henrik Tallinder. ";There are players on the team were certainly going to go forward with, young guys that they fit what we want to do," Murray said.dddddddddddd "In saying that, if a team calls and they absolutely knock your socks off, then I guess Ive told a fib by saying were going to go forward with a certain player and Ive traded him. It doesnt look right, but thats my motto. Im willing to listen on every single player, so Im certainly listening on Ryan. Is that our plan? I guess well see what other teams have to say." Moving Mike? While TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reported Tuesday on Twitter that the Calgary Flames and Mike Cammalleri are "continuing dialogue on new contract," Wes Gilbertson of The Calgary Sun says it would be a surprise if the clubs highest-paid player wasnt moved before the deadline. Staying Focused Derek Van Diest of The Edmonton Sun writes that Oilers centre Sam Gagner is focused on helping Edmonton win games rather than trade speculation. "Its something where you try and block it out," Gagner said. "I think its an easier thing to do the further you are from the trade deadline, but as it creeps up, its sometimes hard. I think its important just to focus on your game. I have some things that I need to continue to get better at, and thats something that Im trying to focus on right now, trying to help this team win games, and hopefully, I can do that heading towards the stretch here." Deep Freeze Joe Haggerty of Comcast Sportsnet tweeted out that Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has had trade talks but doesnt see them making any deals before the Olympic roster freeze. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)