A failed drug test, a second failed drug test, a suspension

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

A failed drug test, a second failed drug test, a suspension

Postprzez carrie201918 7 sie 2019, o 04:12

A failed drug test, a second failed drug test, a suspension and fumblitis. Not the types of experience a pro receiver wants on his resume, but thats what LaVon Brazill has encountered over the last several months. His journey has landed him in Toronto, where hes trying to establish himself with the Argonauts. Brazill showed some promise for the Indianapolis Colts in 2013. He missed four games after being suspended for a violation of the leagues substance-abuse policy. After serving the suspension he finished the season with 12 catches for 161 yards and a two-touchdown game against Cincinnati. He would add two more TD catches in a playoff game against the Patriots. The second-year receiver then gained greater notoriety for all the wrong reasons. In July of this year he was suspended for the season by the NFL after a second violation. The Colts almost immediately cut the Ohio University grad, leaving him without a place to play. At least in the United States. Here in Canada, the CFL is an option for players in that position. TSN.ca asked the league for a clarification why Brazill was able to play here, despite his suspension south of the border. Our rule states that CFL teams are prohibited from signing players who are suspended AND under contract to an NFL team, the league said in a statement. In this instance, the player is a free agent and therefore he can sign with a CFL team. How does Brazill feel about being able to continue his football career in a foreign land? Oh man, Im very blessed to play football with everything that happened to me in the past, Brazill told TSN.ca. The Argonauts gave me a second chance to come out here and play and Im just blessed to be here. In a strange twist of fate it was his former organization that opened the door for Brazill to find employment with his current team. Actually it was the Indianapolis Colts GM (Ryan Grigson), said Brazill of the former Argonaut now running the show for Jim Irsay. He actually wanted me to come up here and play for Scott (head coach Milanovich). I agreed to it, I didnt want to sit out for a whole year without playing any sport, so I decided to come up here and give everything I can to the Argonauts. The Double Blue is happy to have him. Torontos receiving corps has been decimated this year to the point where 20 different players have caught passes from Ricky Ray. Brazill has shown in the two games hes played that he can be a difference maker, becoming the 14th player this season to catch a Ray TD pass in the Argos last game, a win in BC two weeks ago. It was very big for me, reflected a smiling Brazill. I hadnt gotten into the end zone in so long, it just felt good to make a special play for the guys. The quarterback is happy to have another weapon to throw to. Hes done a really good job, said Ray. He gets separation, hes able to get open and hes slippery. Every time I watch him when he makes a catch he breaks that first tackle or makes a guy miss and gets those hidden yards. Hidden would have been a good way to describe where Brazill wished he had stayed after his first two games. His first CFL action came in Hamilton on Labour Day, where he didnt play on offence but returned kickoffs and punts. He fumbled a kickoff in the third quarter and it was recovered by the Ticats. The next game in Calgary he fumbled the opening kickoff, which the Stamps recovered and turned into a field goal. He also fumbled after catching a pass in the fourth quarter, which was also recovered by Calgary and led to the game-tying touchdown. It would be emblematic of the Argos lowest point of the season, a 29-3 first-half lead that turned into a 40-33 loss. Also hidden that day was a good first game as a receiver for Brazill, seven catches for 83 yards. Hed follow that up in Vancouver with a four-catch, 64-yard, one-touchdown performance against the Lions in the Argos 40-23 win, the first win by an Argo team in B.C. since 2002. Brazill seems to be having fun in the CFL. Hes usually seen smiling and engaged with his teammates. He sums up where he is in life succinctly. Im just putting the past in the past and Im just looking ahead for the future. The Argos are hoping his future in Double Blue is a bright one. Ben Banogu Youth Jersey . 25 against Miami. Hillis left Browns Stadium about two hours before kickoff, a decision that has led to speculation he was upset over ongoing negotiations with the club on a contract extension. Peyton Manning Womens Jersey . - The Green Bay Packers got back to work on Friday without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers. http://www.officialindianapoliscoltspro ... -jersey/.J. -- Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch deservedly draw the attention for what theyve done in getting the Seattle Seahawks to the Super Bowl. Malik Hooker Youth Jersey .C. -- Jackson Whistle made 26 saves for his first shutout of the season as the Kelowna Rockets blanked the visiting Lethbridge Hurricanes 5-0 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Andrew Luck Womens Jersey . The 49ers, 6-2 and riding a five-game winning streak following the bye week, also waived cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and activated cornerback Eric Wright from the reserve/non-football injury list. Manningham made 42 receptions for 449 yards and one touchdown in 12 games and 10 starts last season before injuring his left knee in a loss at Seattle Dec.CALGARY - New Calgary Flames general manager Brad Treliving said last week he was in the market for a defenceman with a right-handed shot. He got one Tuesday, along with added insurance in net and some offence up front to replace the departing Mike Cammalleri. Calgary came to terms with tough defenceman Deryk Engelland, who received a significant pay raise in a three-year deal worth US$2.9 million per year. Engellands salary with Pittsburgh last season was $575,000. The Flames also signed local winger Mason Raymond to a three-year, $9.5-million deal and Swiss goaltender Jonas Hiller to a two-year, $9-million contract. "The term was very important for us," Treliving said Tuesday. "We wanted to keep things three years and under, which weve done on all these contracts. "Term in a cap system is what strangles you. You see a lot of long-term deals bought out." Calgary has money to spend under the salary cap and closed in on the cap floor of $51 million Tuesday. The maximum is set at $69 million. The Flames have missed the playoffs five straight seasons. The 32-year-old Cammalleri didnt re-sign with the Flames, despite Calgarys efforts to keep him in the flaming C. Treliving said the Flames offered the forward "significant dollars", but the term "was probably not going to work." Cammalleri entered the free agent market Tuesday and quickly emerged with a five-year, $25-million deal with the New Jersey Devils. Cammalleri had a team-high 26 goals as well as 19 assists in 63 games for the Flames in 2013-14. Hell provide much needed scoring punch to the Devils, who had a winning record despite being one of three NHL teams to score less than 200 goals. "The real decision-making was, the hard decision was leaving Calgary the way I had been treated there and their efforts to keep me around," Cammalleri said during a conference call. "Some of my closest friends are in management in Calgary. They made every effort to try and make it work. It was more a decision for me, a decision on where I wanted to be playing and where I wanted to have a chance to compete and win." Raymond posted 19 goals, 26 assists and 22 penalty minutes in 82 games for Toronto. The 28-year-old grew up in nearby Cochrane, Alta. The six-foot, 185-pound left-winger also received a sizable raise from the Flames after making $1 million on a one-year deal with the Maple Leafs. Raymond was drafted in the second round by the Vancouver Canucks in 2005 and has a career 99 goals and 124 assists in 456 games. "When Mike went away, we felt we needed an NHL player in there,&" Treliving said.dddddddddddd "I liked the term Mason came in at, I like the versatility. I think he can do a bunch of different jobs and we thought he just fit for us." Hiller posted a 29-13-7 record and five shutouts for Anaheim in 2013-14. The 32-year-olds goals-against average was 2.47 and his save percentage .911. He spent the previous seven seasons with the Ducks and has twice represented Switzerland at the Winter Olympics. Current Flames hockey operations president Brian Burke was Anaheims GM when he signed Hiller in 2007. But Hillers time in Anaheim appeared to be winding down with the emergence of John Gibson and Frederik Andersen this spring. "Obviously Brian has a familiarity. He signed Jonas to Anaheim when he came over from Switzerland," Treliving said. "You look at Anaheims situation last year and at periods of time obviously there were some struggles if you will for Jonas. But there were some periods of brilliance as hes had over his career. "This is a good NHL goaltender. It is the most important position on the team. Without goaltending you have no chance." Hillers salary with the Flames remains the same with a cap hit of $4.5 million annually. The Flames currently have 28-year-old Karri Ramo, with a year remaining on his contract, and prospect Joni Ortio in net. Ramo went 17-15 for Calgary last season. "I dont want to leave Karri Ramo out of the conversation here," Treliving said. "Weve made ourselves deeper at the position. Weve now got competition in the net. "Weve got a goaltender who finished the season strongly here in Karri and weve got a guy who has been a proven goaltender in the league." Engelland, six foot two and 220 pounds, spent the last five seasons with the Penguins. The 32-year-old had six goals and six assists in 56 games this past season. "The price tag on Deryk, obviously its going to get talked about understandably," Treliving said. "We have work to do on the blue-line. We have work to do in terms adding to our reserve list on the blue-line. "As much as we like what Deryks going to bring to us, its also buying time until we can go out and acquire those players, draft those players, procure those players in some manner. "Ours was not the only call to Deryk Engelland. Based on our situation, based on the flexibility we had, we felt its a very fair price and a price worth paying, knowing the type of person were getting." Note to readers: This is a corrected story. An earlier version reported that Engellands deal was for two years. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)