VANCOUVER - UFC president Dana White credits the rise of the

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

VANCOUVER - UFC president Dana White credits the rise of the

Postprzez carrie201918 8 sie 2019, o 04:17

VANCOUVER - UFC president Dana White credits the rise of the companys flyweight division to a champion nicknamed after a cartoon character. "Every time he fights he gets better and better," White said of Demetrious Johnson this week. "You talk about legacies - his legacy is going to be as the guy who built this division." Known in the cage as "Mighty Mouse," Johnson will look to continue that work on Saturday night at UFC 174 when he defends his title against Ali (Puncher) Bagautinov in the octagon at Rogers Arena - the first time a 125-pound division bout will anchor a pay-per view card. "Its awesome," said the five-foot-three Johnson. "The UFC has given us a shot to headline a big pay-per view so Im pretty pumped to be the man to front that bill. Hopefully we can put on an exciting show on Saturday." Johnson (19-2-1 all-time) won the UFCs inaugural flyweight title back in 2012 and has defended it three times since, including a knockout of Joseph Benavidez in December. The 27-year-old who fights out of Parkland, Wash., said the pressure of a pay-per view spectacle doesnt add any pressure to put on a show. "My jobs to go out there and fight," said Johnson, who has a record of 7-1-1 in UFC. "If you look at all the flyweight fights, there hasnt been one boring one. Obviously theres boring fights in every single division. "But I havent sat there and watched a fight and thought, Man that was pretty boring." Johnson said the five-foot-four Bagautinov (13-2, 3-0) will pose a unique challenge because the 29-year-old Russian specializes in Sambo fighting, a form of mixed martial arts that he has never faced. "In order to keep my belt Ive just got to go out there and be myself and just fight," said Johnson, a heavy favourite in the eyes of bookmakers against the fourth-ranked challenger. "Regardless of whatever happens with this fight, whether I win or lose, the same thing is going to happen (afterwards). Im going to go home, relax and get ready for my next fight, whether its be defending my belt or trying to get it back." Saturday nights co-main event has Canadas Rory (Ares) MacDonald taking on Tyron (The Chosen One) Woodley in a welterweight matchup between the No. 2- and No. 3-ranked challengers for Johny Hendricks belt. "Its the biggest fight ever for (MacDonald) and Woodley," said White. "Saturday night is the night that both these two have got to go out and make people want to see them fight for the title." The soft-spoken MacDonald — who was born in Quesnel B.C., but now fights out of Montreal and was mentored by Georges St-Pierre - said the Woodley fight is a chance to show he belongs at the top of the 170-pound division. "Its a big opportunity. Every fight you take is a big opportunity, but this on in particular," said the 24-year-old. "Im facing a very talented opponent and Im very excited to be matched up against someone like that and challenge my techniques against his." MacDonald (16-2, 7-2) lost to Robbie Lawler in a split decision at Novembers UFC 167, but rebounded to take a unanimous decision against Demian Maia at UFC 170 in February. "Losing can be a good thing in the long run for a mixed martial artist," said MacDonald. "You learn your weaknesses and turn them into strengths." A technically sound fighter who learned his craft at the famed Tristar Gym alongside St-Pierre in Montreal, MacDonald said he believes hes ready to take his game to the next level. "I want people to talk after my fights and be like Wow thats another Rory MacDonald I havent seen. Thats the best Rory MacDonald Ive seen so far. Thats my goal for this fight." White said MacDonald needs to start turning some of the talk and hype surrounding his talents into consistent performances. "Rory has these moments where he comes out and does nothing," said White. "The fight isnt exciting. He doesnt seem like hes got that killer instinct to finish a fight and get to that next level to be everything that GSP said about him." The 32-year-old Woodley (13-2, 3-1), a former All-American wrestler, scored a technical knockout of Carlos Condit at UFC 171 in March and expects MacDonald to be the most well-rounded fighter he has faced. "Rory is a guy who started doing mixed martial arts all together," said the St. Louis native. "I think thats the biggest challenge. He spent quite a bit of his youth as a teenager training (in) mixed martial arts. Hes had a great camp to train out of, hes had a champion to train under. I think those are the threats, but in actuality Ive had other fights and other fighters whove been a little bit more threatening than Rory. "If you cant really threaten me to freakin knock my head off like certain other guys Ive fought, I just dont get that anxiety." Like MacDonald, Woodley added that he also sees Saturdays bout as a stepping stone to an eventual shot at the UFC welterweight title. "I plan on every fight from now on being me fighting for the title or defending the title," he said. "Im just mentally getting prepared for that. I know that I have to beat guys like him consistently." Its expected that Saturdays crowd at Rogers Arena should be on the side of the B.C.-born MacDonald, but his American opponent, perhaps naively, disagreed. "I really just dont think Rory MacDonald has this huge following in Vancouver like people think," said Woodley. "Hes not Georges St-Pierre. This is not Montreal. "Vancouver fans like MMA and they might like me, they might like him, but I think they respect what I bring to the table and they respect that I respect him, and I think thats enough." White called that view a little far-fetched. "I think hes super delusional if he thinks thats the case," White said with a smile. "Were in Canada, man. Let me tell you what — Canadas going to be cheering for the Canadian." Saturdays card also includes: light heavyweight Ryan (Darth) Bader against Rafael (Feijao) Cavalcante; heavyweight Andrei (The Pit Bull) Arlovski against Brendan (The Hybrid) Schaub; light heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux against Ryan (The Big Deal) Jimmo of Saint John, N.B.; welterweight Daniel Sarafian against Kiichi (Strasser) Kunimoto; womens bantamweight Valerie (Trouble) Letourneau of Montreal against Elizabeth Phillips; bantamweight Yves (Tiger) Jabouin against Mike (The Hulk) Easton; lightweight (Ragin) Kajan Johnson of Burns Lake, B.C., against Tae Hyun (Supernatural) Bang; bantamweight Roland Delorme of Winnipeg against Michinori Tanaka; and lightweight Jason Saggo of Toronto against Josh Shockley. JaVale McGee Lakers Jersey . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. Tyson Chandler Jersey . Next years tournament is also within sight for Bosnia-Herzegovina, which has never played in a World Cup, but Cristiano Ronaldo looks destined for the playoffs with Portugal after a night when the qualifying picture in the nine groups became much clearer. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Mag ... ersey/.com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown. Anthony Davis Jersey . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma. Rajon Rondo Jersey . Marek Hamsik, who had earlier missed a penalty, headed Napoli in front in the 23rd minute and Pandev added a second goal five minutes from halftime. Alessandro Matri got Juventus back into the game just after the break but Pandev was on hand to score again in the 68th.OAKLAND, Calif. - Golden State rallied from an early 17-point deficit to beat Oklahoma City 114-109 on Thursday, with Stephen Curry having 34 points and nine assists for the NBA-leading Warriors.The victory moved the Warriors two games clear of Memphis for the overall league lead, while Oklahoma City slipped to a mediocre 12-14 record and lost star player Kevin Durant to a sprained right ankle.In other games, Anthony Davis led New Orleans to victory at Houston, Milwaukee used good outside shooting to edge Sacramento, and Chicago was too strong for struggling New York.Golden States Curry added seven rebounds, and Klay Thompson scored 19 points for the Warriors, who played without injured centre Andrew Bogut (right knee) and forward David Lee (left hamstring) again. Bogut is out indefinitely.Durant scored a season-high 30 points on 10-for-13 shooting in a spectacular first half that ended with him steppping on Marreese Speights foot.ddddddddddddklahoma City had won seven straight games, which was the longest active streak in the league.Houstons Anthony Davis had 30 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks to lead the Pelicans to a 99-90 win at Houston.The Pelicans trailed by one early in the fourth quarter before using a 7-0 run to take a 79-73 lead and they didnt trail again. Ryan Anderson scored the last five points in that spurt to help New Orleans snap a six-game skid in Houston.Houstons James Harden entered leading the NBA in scoring and had scored more than 40 points in two of his last three games. But he had a tough night by his standards and made just eight of 23 shots, finishing with 21 points.Milwaukee sank 10 3-pointers in the first half and hung to edge Sacramento 108-107,Chicagos Jimmy Butler scored a career-high 35 points to lead the Bulls to a 103-97 victory over New York. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)