NEW YORK -- Four weeks after straining his right hamstring,

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

NEW YORK -- Four weeks after straining his right hamstring,

Postprzez carrie201918 10 sie 2019, o 03:55

NEW YORK -- Four weeks after straining his right hamstring, David Wright is ready for the next step in his recovery. The All-Star third baseman was headed to the New York Mets complex in Florida on Thursday, a day before the team begins a nine-game road trip. He said he feels fine swinging and fielding, but hes not running full speed and isnt ready for rehab games. Mets manager Terry Collins had said Wright might play in a minor league game this weekend. "Hopefully soon," Wright said. "I think Im ahead of schedule." After playing through nagging soreness in his hamstring for about a week, Wright was injured Aug. 2 while legging out an infield single. He said the medical staff has told him its a six-week injury, which would put him on track to return in mid-September. The Mets captain is determined to come back before the season ends because he doesnt want to go into next year with any uncertainty about his health. But he wants to make sure he rehabs properly and heals completely so his hamstring doesnt become a chronic problem. "I want to finish the season strong," Wright said. "All signs are good. I havent had a single setback yet." A seven-time All-Star, Wright is hitting .309 with 16 home runs and 54 RBIs. While the team was home, he worked with the Mets medical staff at Citi Field. Now, hell report to Port St. Lucie, Fla. Philadelphia infielder Michael Young cautioned Wright this week against rushing back from a strained hamstring. Young said he did just that and got reinjured during the 2009 pennant race with Texas, costing him two more weeks. Wright said he appreciated the gesture. "Basically the cardinal rule I told him was -- and this was told to me by other guys who had hamstring injuries -- the second you think youre ready to play, wait three more days," Young said. "That way you know youre ready." Its been a difficult month for Wright and the rebuilding Mets, who are 11-14 since his injury. All-Star ace Matt Harvey was diagnosed with a partially torn elbow ligament Monday and hopes to avoid Tommy John surgery. One day later, New York traded two of its top run producers (Marlon Byrd and John Buck) to Pittsburgh for a pair of prospects. "I think that the Matt Harvey situation obviously kind of blindsided everybody, as well as hes been throwing the ball," Wright said. "But Ive done my rehab with him the last couple days and hes in good spirits." The 24-year-old Harvey has blossomed into one of baseballs most dominant pitchers during his first full season in the majors. But his injury jeopardizes New Yorks aspirations of contending for a playoff spot next season. Tommy John surgery would likely sideline Harvey for all of 2014, though the right-hander tweeted Tuesday that hell be back on the mound next April. He was heartened after talking to other pitchers who had similar symptoms or injuries and didnt require surgery, including Philadelphia right-hander Roy Halladay. The Mets said no decision will be made until Harvey is re-examined in a few weeks after the swelling subsides. "Hopefully, he can just rehab it. But if surgery is the option, then weve got to find a way," Wright said. One reason Wright signed a $138 million, eight-year contract last winter was his faith in general manager Sandy Alderson and all the young power pitching the Mets have on the horizon. However, Harvey is a huge cornerstone. "I dont think one injury that may or may not affect next year is going to affect the overall plan," said the 30-year-old Wright. "With the money that we have coming off the books this year, I expect us to go out there and make this team better, whether its through free agency, whether its through trades. I still believe in the vision that Sandy has. "Hopefully, Matts back next year. But if not, Im still confident in the plan," he added. Georges-Kevin NKoudou Jersey .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. Dele Alli Hotspur Jersey . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/Wom ... ur-Jersey/. Andrews, Scotland - Oliver Wilson fired a final- round, 2-under 70 on Sunday and he held on to win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship by one shot. Eric Dier Jersey . Pospisil, whose season-ending goal is to improve his ATP Tour ranking enough to qualify for one of the 32 seedings at Januarys Australian Open, dominated Karlovic in 59 minutes. The world No. 40 never faced a break point and limited the big mans threatening ace count to a mere eight, while striking five key aces of his own. Hotspur Jerseys . He had spent 16 days on the disabled list before being activated Thursday. He was batting just .203 when he came to bat in the 11th inning on Sunday. SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- T.J. Dillashaw successfully defended his bantamweight title with a fifth-round TKO over late fill-in Joe Soto at UFC 177 on Saturday night. Dillashaw (12-2) was never hurt in his first title defence and playfully toyed with the crowd, sticking out his tongue and raising his hands in the air at one point during the fifth round. Dillashaw later landed a hard kick to the side of the Sotos heaad and followed with an equally hard left hand that dropped the challenger, then pounced on Soto and landed several more punches before the fight was stopped at the 2:20 mark.dddddddddddd Dillashaw was originally slated to fight Renan Barao, the man he upset to win the title from in May at UFC 173. But Barao was a late scratch after he fell and hit his head while trying to cut weight on Friday. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)