ARLINGTON, Texas - Chris Young couldnt overcome a slow start

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

ARLINGTON, Texas - Chris Young couldnt overcome a slow start

Postprzez carrie201918 22 lip 2019, o 03:54

ARLINGTON, Texas - Chris Young couldnt overcome a slow start for the Seattle Mariners. He gave up three runs in the first inning and a tiebreaking home run to Shin-Soo Choo in the fifth in a 4-3 loss to the Texas Rangers on Wednesday. Young (3-2) gave up seven hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings. He previously pitched in Arlington in 2006 for the San Diego Padres. "I grew up as a Rangers fan, coming to this ballpark," Young said. "I wanted to come in here and win, thats why Im disappointed that I didnt get that done. "You have those games where if you can limit the damage early, you feel like youll pitch a good game. I gave up one too many in the first." Texas first five batters reached base, with Elvis Andrus hitting a two-run homer and Alex Rios singling home the third run. "(Young) works up in the strike zone. In the first inning, we did a good job of laying off it and making him work," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. Seattle tied the game 3-3 in the fourth. James Jones led off with a triple and scored on Michael Saunders single. Robinson Cano then hit a two-run homer. Centre fielder Michael Choice ran back to attempt a catch, but his glove hit the wall as the ball barely cleared it. Choo led off the fifth with his homer into the bullpen in left-centre. "Got a home run that got up in that gust a little bit, thats it," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Its a tough ballpark to pitch in, but I thought (Young) did a pretty darn good job for us. "He gave us quality innings after the first inning, really got us in a position to use the bullpen guys we needed to, and not stretch anybody." Young wasnt using the wind as an excuse. He knows how the park plays from his days as a fan from Highland Park and as a Rangers pitcher. "I thought it was a decent pitch. Some places its not (out), "If it was a better pitch, maybe he doesnt hit it out." "Their pitcher pitched in the same stadium. You have got to be better than their guy, thats the way I look at it, whether you give up 10, or you give up one, you have to be better than their guy. I wasnt today." Rangers starter Nick Tepesch (1-0) won for the first time since July 5, 2013. He was making his second major league appearance this season. After Cano doubled with one out in the sixth, Tepesch regrouped to retire Kyle Seager on a fly ball and struck out Justin Smoak. The Mariners threatened in the seventh. With one out, Tepesch walked Dustin Ackley and John Buck. Left-hander Robbie Ross replaced Tepesch and escaped the inning when pinch hitter Stefen Romero grounded into a double play. Ross was pitching for the first time since being removed from the Rangers rotation. He pitched out of their bullpen in 2012 and 13. "I was thinking, Gosh, here we go! Im in a situation where I like to be. I was pretty amped. I wanted to be out of that inning without those runs scoring." The Mariners also had a runner at second with one out in the eighth, but Neal Cotts struck out Cano and Seager. Seattle had only one baserunner against Tepesch in the first three innings: Seager on a leadoff single in the second. He was erased in an unusual 4-5-3 double play. With Texas defence shifted to the right, Smoak grounded to second baseman Luis Sardinas, who threw to Adrian Beltre covering second. Beltres relay throw to first beat Smoak. NOTES: Jones triple stretched his hitting streak to 11 games. ... The Mariners have two injured players almost ready for rehab assignments at Triple-A Tacoma. If LHP James Paxton (strained back muscle) succeeds in a side throwing session Thursday, he could make a start Sunday, McClendon said. Outfielder Logan Morrison (strained right hamstring) could join Tacoma as early as Friday. Hydro Flask Baratas . Setting United on its way to a 2-0 victory, Rooney sent the ball high from inside the halfway line over goalkeeper Adrian after just seven minutes. "Its just instinct, Ive turned and had a quick look and seen the goalkeeper off his line," Rooney said. Botellas Niño Hydro Flask . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. http://www.botellashydroflask.es/hydro-flask-cafe.html. -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. Hydro Flask España . Left back Layvin Kurzawa put Monaco ahead in the 36th minute with a low shot after being set up by midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia, sweeping the ball in after running onto Kondogbias cross from the left. Hydro Flask Comprar . Browns owner Jimmy Haslam announced the move with Young on Monday during a speech at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon.NEW ORLEANS -- The Pelicans offence hit a cold streak at the worst time. Mike Conley hit a driving layup against Austin Rivers with 1.5 seconds remaining to complete Memphis 9-0 run over the final 3:22 and the Grizzlies escaped with a 90-88 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday night. Conley initially drove to his right, and then split the lane before pulling up just short of the goal for his game-winning basket.. The Pelicans were out of timeouts and Rivers missed a long desperation shot as time expired. "Its very sweet," said Conley, who scored 16 points in leading the Grizzlies to their fourth consecutive win. "We knew who they had on the floor. They were going to switch the pick-and-roll. I ended up splitting it and having a lane." The undermanned Pelicans, playing without guards Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon, missed five shots and committed one turnover during the final 3:22. "Its tough," Rivers said. "We felt like we had the game won. We should have known better. They are a veteran team." Anthony Morrow missed a 3-point attempt with 14.3 seconds remaining, setting up the Grizzlies for the winning shot. "It felt great," Morrow said of his missed shot. "I was open, just a little bit off." Marc Gasol added 15 points, and Zach Randolph and Tony Allen 13 each for Memphis. Anthony Davis scored 29 points, including 22 in the first half, for the Pelicans, who had won their past three games. Rivers scored 14 points, Brian Roberts 12 and Morrow 10 for New Orleans. Davis, who turned 21 Tuesday, added 10 rebounds and four blocked shots. "The last few minutes we could not get anything," Davis said.dddddddddddd"We couldnt run a play. We had a couple of bad shots, turned the ball over." After taking a 57-48 halftime lead, the Pelicans were held to 31 points in the second half, equaling their second-quarter output. New Orleans, which scored 14 points in the final quarter, finished with 17 turnovers and 16 assists. "We just couldnt score," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. "We couldnt get into an offence. We kind of went away from the things that weve been doing, pushing the ball down the floor off stops." Memphis juggled its defence against Davis in the second half, using Tayshaun Prince, then James Johnson. The ploy worked as Davis, who was 8 of 11 in the first half, finished 9 of 14. "I thought that was effective but it was an effort thing," Memphis coach David Joerger said. "We didnt play hard enough or with enough energy in the first half. Then, in the second half, we picked up more energy. We went small a little bit just to kind of junk up the game." Davis was dominant in the first half, scoring 22 points. He displayed his full arsenal, scoring underneath or stepping out and hitting the open jumper. Randolph led the Grizzlies with 12 points and four rebounds in the half. He was 5 of 7, taking advantage of his matchup against the Pelicans Alexis Ajinca. NOTES: The Pelicans made all of 22 of their free throw attempts, the first time they were perfect from the line since March 18, 2013, against Golden State. It was the second most free throws made while staying perfect in franchise history. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)