ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Mike Trout keeps padding his stats with 1

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Mike Trout keeps padding his stats with 1

Postprzez carrie201918 5 sie 2019, o 03:50

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Mike Trout keeps padding his stats with 1 1/2 weeks to go until the All-Star break. He homered leading off the ninth inning after the Los Angeles Angels twice rallied to tie the game, giving them a 7-6 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday night. Trout sent an 0-2 pitch from Tony Sipp over the wall in left centre field and charged into a celebratory mob at home plate. Teammate Erick Aybar doused Trout with a blue sports drink, staining his white uniform, and fans chanted "MVP! MVP!" "The adrenaline rush you get when it goes out, its something special. Its always good to come up big," Trout said. "What a comeback. We were up three, they came back and scored five, and we just kept fighting." It was Trouts second career walkoff hit, both of them homers. The American League player of the month for June hit his team-leading 20th homer, and has eight homers in his last 18 games. Trout became the eighth Angels player with 20 or more homers and at least 60 RBIs before the All-Star break, and the first since Vladimir Guerrero in 2004. "Its one of those things where you see the pitch and see the swing, and you say to yourself, Theres not many players in our game that can do what he did with that pitch," Astros manager Bo Porter said. Trout figures to start in centre field in the All-Star game on July 15 in Minneapolis. Joe Smith (3-0) got the victory for the Angels, who have won eight in a row at home for the first time since Sept. 16-24, 2005, and have the majors best record at home. Los Angeles has won 11 of 14 overall. Sipp (1-1) took the loss for the Astros, who dropped their fifth in a row. "I went at him with my best stuff," Sipp said about Trout. "But even when you make a good pitch sometimes, a guy of that calibre will put a good swing on it." Houstons Jose Altuve, who came in leading the AL in hits, stolen bases and batting average, went 0 for 5 with a strikeout. The Angels blew a 3-1 lead in the third and then trailed 6-5 on Albert Pujols 510th career homer -- a two-run shot -- in the fourth. They tied it 6-all in the seventh on Howie Kendricks RBI double off the right field wall that scored Pujols, who singled leading off. Pujols was 3 for 4, and Kendrick went 4 for 4. "You never know whos going to step up," Trout said. "Howie came up with a big double, I put a good swing on it in the ninth and it went out. Im going to swing if its close." The Astros led 1-0 in the second on Chris Carters homer. They took a 6-3 lead in the fourth on George Springers two-run homer and a three-run shot by Jon Singleton. Angels starter C.J. Wilson continued to struggle. The left-hander has failed to pitch more than five innings in four of his last seven starts. He gave up six runs and seven hits in 4 1-3 innings, struck out six and walked one. Wilson was watching game video in another room afterward. Houston starter Dallas Keuchel allowed five runs and 13 hits in five innings, struck out one and walked one. The left-hander was scratched last Saturday against Detroit because of left wrist inflammation. He was making his first appearance since June 22, when he allowed five runs -- four earned -- in a 5-2 loss to Tampa Bay. "That was very disappointing on my part," Keuchel said. "The offence did more than enough to come out with a win, and I just didnt do my part. I havent been too good as of late, so I guess I have to go back to the drawing board and figure some stuff out." NOTES: Trout became the 13th major league player aged 22 or younger with 20 or more homers before the All-Star break. ... Houston activated RHP Josh Fields from the 15-day DL after he went on it because of soreness in his right forearm. ... The Astros traded RHP Andrew Robinson to Atlanta for a player to be named or cash considerations. ... The Angels improved to 28-29 on the Fourth of July, including 14-14 at home. ... Los Angeles won on a walkoff single by Aybar on July 4, 2013. ... The announced crowd of 43,557 was the Angels fourth sellout of the season. Fabian Delph Manchester City Jersey . The Stampeders announced the move on Wednesday. Bell spent his first two CFL seasons with the B. Kyle Walker Manchester City Jersey .com) - Rajon Rondo turned in a game-high 21 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists as Dallas claimed a 102-98 win over the Lakers on Friday. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop. ... ty-Jersey/. The Raptors two leading scorers were never able to co-exist the way they hoped or the team had envisioned, but individually DeRozan was thriving, in the midst of a career season. Kevin De Bruyne Jersey . Yoenis Cespedes proved he can play through a hurting right heel, giving Scott Kazmir and the As a spark with a pair of RBIs that helped spoil the Minnesota Twins home opener with an 8-3 victory on Monday. John Stones Manchester City Jersey . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels.MONTREAL – Curtis Lazar was streaking in on a two-on-one rush Sunday night in Canadas pre-tournament game against Sweden. The Ottawa Senators forward, on loan to Hockey Canada for the world juniors, knew he had a great chance to score if he shot high. The Canadian Tire Centre crowd, which had given Lazar a huge ovation when the starting lineup was announced, sensed a big moment was coming. And, yet, Lazar shot low into the pads of goalie Samuel Ward. Why? Well, the player streaking down the other wing was Connor McDavid, who was playing his first game in 40 days after breaking his right hand in a fight. Hes so hard on himself, Lazar said after the game. I tell him to, Just relax and have fun. I had that partial break there and I should have probably tried to score, but I tried to lay it in there for a rebound for him. Were going to need him to be a big part of this team to be successful. Lazar knew the spotlight was shining even brighter than usual on the 17-year-old phenom who had looked a bit rusty out of the gate. The plan to get McDavid on the board didnt work, but Lazars heart, as it almost always is, was in the right place. Lazar and McDavid are roommates and when they got back to the hotel on Sunday night the game was being replayed on TSN. So they watched. McDavid began to critique himself. I was trying to tell him that, Look, you played a good game, Lazar said. I mean, he probably has different standards for himself than we do, because hes a heck of a hockey player. Every time he steps on the ice something special happens. I kept telling him, the one assist he [almost] got [on Shea Theodores goal] he drew a couple guys to him and it opens up the ice and thats what well need from him. The fact Lazar and McDavid are rooming together during the world juniors is no accident. The hope is the perpetually positive Lazar will help ease the burden felt by McDavid, who is considered by many, including TSNs resident scout Craig Button, to be a generational talent. Alas, sports, like so much else, seems to be a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business and McDavid has been out since mashing his hand on the boards in a fight on Nov. 11. Meanwhile, American Jack Eichel, McDavids chief rival in the 2015 NHL draft class, is racking up points and closing the hype gap. Hes been in the spotlight for so, so long that I guess he kind of knows how to deal with it, said Lazar when asked about McDavids serious demeanour. I try and get him to take his guard down a little bit. I know theres going to be a lot of pressure on him. This is a marquee tournament and it is his draft year and everyone talks about Eichel and McDavid. Ultimately, hes playing for Team Canada and thats what it should be all about. McDavid and Lazar were teammates on last years Canadian squad, which finished fourth in Malmo, Sweden. I was disappointed with how we played last year, Lazar said his smile dimming just a little. Second chances dont come around too often. Canadas hopes are, in large part, resting on the shoulders of Lazar and McDavid, who will both wear letters at the tournament. Lazar is the captain while McDavid joins Sam Reinhart as an alternate. Hes always positive, said McDavid of Lazar. You always see he has a smile on his face and nothing seems to bring him down. I think hes the perfect guy for the job just because the ups and downs of this tournament are pretty crazy and he never seems to go down. -- McDAVID SURPRISED Shortly after the Canadian selection camp started, McDavid admitted he wasnt sure if he would play a leadership role considering he is the second youngest player on the rroster (only Kingstons Lawson Crouse is younger).dddddddddddd I think it was a little bit of a surprise, McDavid said of getting an A. I mean, being a returning guy I maybe had a little bit of an idea, but theres a lot of returning guys. Forwards Nic Petan and Frederik Gauthier, defenceman Josh Morrissey and goalie Zach Fucale are the other returning players on the roster. But head coach Benoit Groulx was pretty concise when asked why he made McDavid an alternate. Because hes a leader, Groulx said in a matter-of-fact tone. Im not the most vocal guy in the room thats for sure, McDavid acknowledged. I think anyone will tell you that, but Im not the quietest either. I think even in Erie, being the captain there, I do a lot of my leading on the ice. McDavid was asked which hockey leaders he admires. He names Mark Messier and Steve Yzerman as well as Jonathan Toews. Hes not overly vocal, but hes always doing the right things on and off the ice and thats something I, for sure, look up to. -- JUST A LETTER Its just a letter, Lazar said when asked about the captaincy. My expectation is that every single one of us will lead in our own way. To be successful thats going to have to take place. Thats part of the message hes sending McDavid. So much is expected of the Newmarket, Ont. native, who has a whopping 51 points in 18 OHL games this season. But Groulx has reiterated time and time again that he wants a four-line attack. Offence and fast-paced play is expected from everyone. For myself, Im having fun with the guys, showing them, its okay to make mistakes, especially now, said Lazar. We got to get them out of our system sooner rather than later. And just try to rally the troops. I know that experience I have from playing in Sweden last year on this team, winning the Memorial Cup in between and having the NHL experience is going to help a lot. I just want try to spread that wealth. You got to take things in stride. You have to look at whats right in front of you. Moments after Canada lost the bronze-medal game last year, Lazar addressed reporters and said if he was to be back at the tournament again he wanted to be a leader. And that has nothing to do with ego. It has everything to do with righting a wrong. There are a few things here and there that I think we can change up to allow us to take the next step, he said reflecting on last years disappointment with an eye on the weeks ahead. Its all a learning curve in a short competition. You have to be open minded and admit the mistakes you make and learn from them and improve from them. I want unity inside the dressing room. Thats a big part of it. Regardless of where youre from in Canada, I mean, were part of a team now and thats what its all about. Nobodys bigger than the team right now. Its up to us as a group to get the job done. -- KEEPS THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE Lazar seems wise beyond his 19 years. He has tremendous perspective. He didnt sulk after getting sent back to juniors from the NHL. He oozes excitement. He just gets it. A good example is the number he will wear on his back when the tournament opens on Boxing Day. Lazar wears 27 with the Senators, but will be No. 26 for Team Canada in honour of his former Edmonton Oil Kings teammate Kristians Pelss, who drowned two years ago after jumping off a bridge in his hometown of Riga, Latvia. Our motto last year in Edmonton was, Play for Pelss and every time I step on the ice I know hes looking over me and protecting me out there and thats one thing I always want to do is, when I play internationally, I want to wear the No. 26 in honour of him. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)