NASHVILLE -- Pekka Rinnes milestone win dealt a serious blow

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

NASHVILLE -- Pekka Rinnes milestone win dealt a serious blow

Postprzez carrie201918 7 sie 2019, o 04:14

NASHVILLE -- Pekka Rinnes milestone win dealt a serious blow to Phoenixs playoff hopes. Rinne made 29 saves to lead the Nashville Predators to a 2-0 win over the Coyotes on Thursday night. Craig Smith and Patric Hornqvist scored for Nashville, which has won four of its last five. "This group, as I have been saying all year, has a lot of character," Predators coach Barry Trotz said. "Theres only one way to play, and thats play the right way. This group plays the right way." The Coyotes lost sixth straight game and hurt their quest for the Western Conferences eighth and final playoff spot. Phoenix entered the day two points behind Dallas in the wild card race. Both teams have two games remaining, including Sundays season finale when Dallas visits Phoenix. "Obviously we need help now," Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said. "Youve got to get yourself rested and ready for the next game. Well see where we are Saturday morning." Phoenix will need to finish the season at least one point ahead of Dallas in the standings since the Stars will hold the first tiebreaker of more regulation and overtime wins no matter what happens over the course of the final two games. Dallas hosts the St. Louis Blues on Friday. If the Stars get one point in the game, it would give them the last spot in the West, eliminating Phoenix. "Its not where we want to be," Phoenix defenceman Michael Stone said. "Thats all there is to it really. We didnt do enough to continue to be able to control our own fate." Smith scored the games first goal at 10:26 of the second period. After taking a pass from defenceman Ryan Ellis above the left circle, Smith skated down to the left faceoff dot, where he used two Coyotes standing in front of goaltender Thomas Greiss as screens and scored his 21st goal of the season with a wrist shot high to the far side. Smiths power-play score snapped a 13-game goal-scoring drought. Hornqvist doubled the Nashville lead at 9:21 of the third. From below the goal line, Mike Fisher found Hornqvist in the slot. Greiss denied Hornqvists first attempt, but he poked in his own rebound for his 21st of the season -- and seventh goal in his last six games. "Fish got the puck behind the net and I saw him creeping up the wall," Hornqvist said. "I just tried to get open in the slot. He found me and then I buried the rebound." The shutout was Rinnes second of the season and 32nd of his career. He now has 162 wins, moving him past Tomas Vokoun into first place on Nashvilles career wins list. "We did a really good job of blocking shots and getting the clears when we needed to," Rinne said. "When they got the shots, I was able to see them. It was kind of back to the normal way of game playing." Rinne missed 51 games this season due to a hip infection. NOTES: Prior to the game, the Predators announced that they are partnering with former Olympic figure skating gold medallist Scott Hamilton, who will serve as an active principal for the skating centre at their new suburban rink set to open this summer. Hamilton is a Predators season ticket holder. ... Phoenix RW Martin Erat played in his 800th career NHL game. His first 723 were played with Nashville prior to his trade to Washington at last seasons trade deadline. ... Six of Smiths goals this season have come on the power play. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey . -- Stacy Lewis shot 7-under 65 to lead the LPGA Tour team to the championship of the 3Tour Challenge on Tuesday. OG Anunoby Jersey .com) - Scott Parel carded a 5-under 65 on Thursday and he grabbed a 1-stroke lead after one round of the season-opening Panama Claro Championship. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authent ... aw-Jersey/. In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Watch the 2014 NBA Draft on TSN, Thursday at 7pm et/4pm pt. Tracy Mcgrady Raptors Jersey .Best moustache: How can we not give this to Lanny McDonald? Check out the duster for yourself. Jodie Meeks Raptors Jersey . - The New York Rangers have momentum, a unified locker room and Henrik Lundqvist. BALTIMORE -- Corey Kluber had command of his pitches, worked the strike zone effectively and regularly got ahead in the count. Ubaldo Jimenez was pretty much the opposite of that in a miserable performance against his former team. Kluber struck out nine in seven innings, and the Cleveland Indians beat Jimenez and the Baltimore Orioles 9-0 Saturday for their fifth win in six games. Carlos Santana homered and walked three times for the Indians, who took control with a five-run fifth and pulled away by scoring four in the seventh. Kluber (5-3) became the first pitcher in the majors this season to have five straight outings with at least eight strikeouts. He gave up five hits, walked two and did not allow a runner past second base. "Aside from throwing a lot of strikes, the biggest thing is working inside and outside," Kluber said. "I think the key is just working ahead. Getting ahead early and staying ahead in the count and not really letting them get comfortable up there." Kluber is 3-0 with a 2.02 ERA and 48 strikeouts in five starts this month. In this one, the right-hander dominated an offence that had produced 38 runs and 62 hits in its previous five games. "Our game and our league, being able to be consistent is such a huge factor in becoming a really good major-league pitcher or player," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "Thats what Klubes is doing. ... This is not like a shock or a big surprise. This has been coming." Jimenez (2-6) matched zeroes with Kluber until the fifth inning, when the first-year Oriole was pulled without getting an out. Jimenez tied two undesirable season highs, giving up five runs and walking five, in four-plus innings. "It looked like I was just missing a little bit of the strike zone," the right-hander said. "Im not that far away, but Im missing. Im falling behind in the count, getting myself into trouble. Today was walking the leadoff guy." Manager Buck Showalter suggested that Jimenez didnt get strike calls from home plate umpire Rob Drake on close pitches, and Jimenez agreed. "I think I threw a lot of good pitches, but I dont know the umpire. He didnt like it," the pitcher said. "Theres nothing I can do right now." Jimenez spent 2 1/2 seasons with Cleveeland before signing a $50 million, four-year contract with Baltimore in February.dddddddddddd "I didnt even think about who I was facing," he said. "When you get to the mound you are trying to get everybody out, it doesnt matter who it is. You have to do your job." Jimenez struck out three and walked three in the first two innings, keeping the Indians hitless but using 52 pitches to do so. "We got his pitch count up a little bit," Indians shortstop Justin Sellers said. "He got a little tired and he started leaving balls out over the plate." Jimenez faced the minimum six batters over the next two innings, allowing an infield single to Michael Bourn before getting Michael Brantley to hit into a double play. Then came the fifth inning, when seven batters reached before Baltimore got an out. A walk, two singles and a throwing error by second baseman Jonathan Schoop produced the games first run, and a single by Mike Aviles made it 2-0 and chased Jimenez. T.J. McFarland entered with the bases loaded and hit Brantley with a pitch to force in a run, and Lonnie Chisenhall followed with an RBI single. The final run of the inning scored on a double-play grounder. In the seventh, Brantley singled and Chisenhall doubled before Ryan Raburn hit a two-run double. One out later, Santana hit reliever Brad Brachs first pitch over the right-field wall. NOTES: Before the game, the Orioles acquired C Nick Hundley (and cash considerations) from San Diego for LHP Troy Patton. Baltimore also recalled INF Steve Lombardozzi from Triple-A Norfolk. ... Orioles 3B Manny Machado missed a second straight game with a strained groin, but manager Buck Showalter said Machado was available if needed. ... Clevelands Asdrubal Cabrera and Nick Swisher were both rested for a second consecutive game because of sore knees. ... Trevor Bauer (1-1, 2.25 ERA) goes for Cleveland in the series finale against Baltimores Miguel Gonzalez (2-3, 4.53). ... Brantley threw out Steve Clevenger trying to stretch a single for his major league high sixth outfield assist. Brantley also extended his hitting streak to 10 games. ... Baltimore fell to 5-12 in day games, the worst record in the big leagues. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)