After a long, hard Olympic season, the skaters at this years

Powiedz nam coś o sobie, swoich przyjaciołach, pokaż ich zdjęcia...

Moderator: Moderatorzy

After a long, hard Olympic season, the skaters at this years

Postprzez carrie201918 9 sie 2019, o 04:24

After a long, hard Olympic season, the skaters at this years World Championships reveled in the adulation of their Japanese audience. The Saitama Super Arena, just outside of Tokyo, was packed with over 18,000 skating fans who hung on the skaters every move. For many of the skaters - after performing for an often-disinterested and sometimes intimidating crowd at the Sochi Games - the Saitama audience was the perfect antidote to a physically and emotionally exhausting Olympic year. You could see the skaters take the ice with the knowing attitude of, "it doesnt get better than this!" and in the end, whether their performance was, in itself, a personal best or somewhat subpar, you could sense the their joy at being there and read the gratitude etched on their faces as they acknowledged their audiences, took their bows and soaked in the moment. In return, the skaters rose up and delivered some of their best performances ever and fittingly, hometown heroes Mao Asada and Yuzuru Hanyu both won gold. On the way to her win, Mao set the highest Short Program score ever recorded and Yuzuru edged his teammate Tatsuki Machida by less than a point to become the first man in 12 years to win World and Olympic gold in the same year. The Canadian Team, without recent Olympic medalists Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir and Patrick Chan, stepped up and won medals in both the Pairs and Dance. Canada also qualified one of the largest teams for next years Worlds due in part to its depth in all four disciplines. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje won a silver in Dance - missing gold by the tiniest of margins - .02. They had back to back, awesome skates but their free dance for me was Weaver and Poje at their finest. Their connection to each other, their ability to capture the subtleties of the music and their powerful edge work, were highlighted in their masterful tango. What stood out for me in their performance was the fact that their program is balanced in its difficulty throughout, not just during the required technical elements. Their skating has continued to grow and develop this season and you could feel their momentum and their sense of purpose building in the days before the competition. So when a couple of the top teams had minor baubles and left the door ajar in the short dance, they strode through. They are the real deal and will be a force going forward. Canada was the only country to have three teams in the Top 10, which is awesome in itself but even more extraordinary when you look at the fact that Virtue and Moir where not there. Canadian teams moved back to podium position in the pairs, with Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford winning bronze and Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch finishing fourth. The differences are so small at the top of the field in pairs that both teams, who were terrific in Japan, will have to look for new ways to reinvent themselves if they are to challenge for the top of the podium in coming years. Moore-Towers and Moscovitch were pretty much flawless in this event, but couldnt quite get to the podium which tells me that they may need to up the ante technically. Their performance in the free was, I thought, one of the highlights of these World Championships but they were a little too far back in the short to make up the distance. They have charming programs and are extremely well trained and capable which has served them well, but has left them just off the World podium two years in a row. They need that little bit more and the challenge is where and how to get it? More technical risk most likely. Strategy is going to be key for them going forward. Duhamel and Radford found that a little less worked for them here. Known for taking extreme risk, they simplified slightly going into some of their more difficult elements and that made all the difference for them, compared to Sochi. It freed them up to execute their elements cleanly, perform better and the medal was their just reward. The results were disappointing for Kevin Reynolds and Kaetlyn Osmond in the singles events in Japan but they have both had that kind of a season. Much has gone wrong for them this year except when it mattered most. With an Olympic Medal on the line, they delivered big time at the team event in Sochi. Without their solid showing , Canada would not have won silver. That silver is the lining in an otherwise glad its over kind of season. The good news is that there is a whole spring and summer ahead to regroup, heal and rebuild. Kaetlyn can - for the first time - look forward to two Grand Prix assignments this year. She qualified last year too, but injury took her out. Its what she needs the most, experience. She has come so far in such a short time with little international experience to build on. In an Olympic season that is relentless, missing training time going in as both Kevin and Kaetlyn did, undermines everything. I believe that this approaching offseason is a crucial time for them as they head into the next Olympic quadrennial. Its right now when they must make up for lost training time and get back on track. Bright lights for team Canada at this years Worlds were 15-year-old Nam Ngyuen and 16-year-old Gabby Daleman who both hit personal bests in their free programs and showed that they are ready for the big time. They were not intimidated at all by the size of the event or the numbers in the stands in fact they fed off it. Both are charming and feisty at the same time and one saw clearly that they arent prepared to wait their turn. So the stage is set for the next four years and from what we saw in Japan, Canada is in great shape going forward. Drew Brees Womens Jersey . Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said. Wil Lutz Womens Jersey .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints ... -Jersey/.A. remained bitter for Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers on the long flight back home to New York. Rickey Jackson Saints Jersey . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Drew Brees Youth Jersey .FIFA says it is relaxing the rule which forced match officials to leave its international list at the end of the year they turned 45.Let the grooming begin. The Jacksonville Jaguars made a loud statement when they selected quarterback Blake Bortles with the third overall selection at the 2014 NFL Draft. The organization went on to send another significant message last week when they named 29-year-old NFL vet Chad Henne as the starter for Week 1 against the Philadelphia Eagles. "For our team, Chads playing well, really well," head coach Gus Bradley said. "I think hes playing really fast right now. Hes showed it all during training camp and during the preseason games, so were really excited about him." This comes as no surprise for a team that has openly admitted Bortles wont likely compete for the starting job until 2015, but its no doubt the UCF product is the future under centre. “We do feel good about where Blakes at, but we feel like this time that he has under Chad, a year to develop, will be really good in the end result,” Bradley said in May. The Jaguars have the offensive youth, but the team will be relying more on Henne and a supporting cast of vets to carry the team and its younger contingent through 2014. Henne, the Wyomissing, Pennsylvania native, has an 18-32 record as a starter and in 15 appearances for the Jags last season he completed 60.6 per cent of his passes and collected 3,241 yards to go with 13 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. But thats who Henne is. He threw a career-high 3,301 yards, 15 touchdowns and 19 interceptions with the Miami Dolphins in 2010. The team finished 7-9. "He has a strong arm and can make the throws. He tries to take care of the ball and not create many turnovers so his offence isnt put in a bad situation,” an anonymous NFL quarterback told ESPN.coms NFL Nation blog. “Hes not a quarterback that youre afraid is going to break the game open by throwing for 400 yards and five touchdowns like some of the elite quarterbacks in the league. If theyre going to win games with him at quarterback, itll be because of the players around him making a lot of plays." Anchoring the Jaguars offence is a pair of veteran receivers, Cecil Shorts III and Marcedes Lewis. Shorts III led a lackluster receiving corps last season with 777 yards and three touchdowns on 66 catches. If the fifth-year receiver can return to his 2012 form, where he collected 979 yards on just 55 receptions with seven touchdowns, then Henne will have a verrsatile target.dddddddddddd Shorts III is still finding his stride after a hamstring injury on the first day of training camp, but is ready to hit the field with his teammates. "I dont really need outside influences to get motivated about playing," he said via Fox Sports Florida. "I just want to be at my best to help the team." Another veteran providing support in the pass game is nine-year tight end Marcedes Lewis. Lewis, who has spent his entire career with the Jaguars, is coming off the second-worst campaign of his career. With just 25 receptions, Lewis managed a mere 359 yards and four touchdowns. However, his 14.4 yards per catch was his second best total since a 16.2 mark in 2009. “I definitely feel very comfortable with him,” Henne said. “I think hes doing a really good job this spring and this summer by getting open and just his big target (allows me to) put the ball in a vicinity that the defender cant get. He keeps doing good things. Were just going to keep feeding him and make him a playmaker." Its a work in progress Jaguars of all ages. NEW MITTS Shorts III and Lewis will like see most of the touches through the air, but they will be chased for playing time by a group of 22-year-old rookie receivers. USC product Marqise Lee, a second-round pick (39th) in 2014, is listed as the second wide receiver on the depth chart and is in line for the most playing time among his first-year brethren. Allen Robinson, another second-round pick (61st) thanks to the San Francisco 49ers, enters the league as Shorts IIIs backup coming off a record-setting junior season at Penn State where he caught 97 passes for 1,432 yards and six touchdowns. And undrafted rookie Allen Hurns is much further down on the depth chart but leads the NFL with 232 receiving yards in the preseason. OUT OF THE BACK Toby Gerhart sits atop the depth chart at running back for the first time in his NFL career. For his first four seasons in the league he was in Minnesota backing up Adrian Peterson. Now, as the No. 1 option in Jacksonville, Gerhart has the opportunity to reach new heights in his career. His career highs in carries (109), yards (531) and touchdowns (two) are all but guaranteed to fall in the rear view if the Stanford alum is ready to lead a ground game without living in anyones shadow. And Adrian Peterson has a big shadow. ' ' '
carrie201918
Nadkagańcowy
Nadkagańcowy

Sklep Psiaki.pl

Szukasz czegoś dla swojego pupila?

Zapraszamy do naszego Sklepu Psiaki.pl
Znajdziesz tam atrakcyjne produkty dla zwierząt. Wszystko, czego potrzebujesz, dla psa, kota i innych zwierzaków.
Sklep dla zwierząt

Powrót do Przedstaw się (Galeria i powitania)